U-Visa / VAWA

Have you been the victim of a violent crime?

Sadly, there are many undocumented people who have been preyed on and are victims of violent crimes. Many hide, thinking they will be deported if they report the crime. For this reason, the government has provided a form of relief for those victims brave enough to report the crime and assist in the investigation.

The most frequent crime is domestic violence, which usually means the woman is the victim. If the abusing spouse has legal status in the U.S. (i.e. USC or LPR), the victim can file for VAWA; if not, and for all other victims of violent crimes, it is possible to obtain a U-visa. This is a 4-year “visa” to stay in the U.S. Upon completion of the 3rd year of the U-visa, you can apply directly for your green card!

Another great benefit of the U visa is that I will jointly file an I-192 waiver, which waives nearly every inadmissibility ground and can be a great option for those who might not otherwise be able to seek relief.

If you’ve been the victim of a crime, please do not hide. Call the police, make a report, and then call my office at (559) 440-6067.

“My husband and I just started a new life near Fresno. Not much time to do all the procedure for my immigration paperwork. Justin and his great team were very helpful, replying very fast to any of our questions. Everything went smoothly through my successful interview. I highly recommend this law office! Thank you.”

Véronique Choulot


Fill out the form below to receive a confidential initial consultation.